1. Why should I attend?
Down Under Camp 2017 will provide an opportunity for future students who are about to begin their journey in Australia to get essential information from former and current students in Australia. You will be able to make friends who will be facing similar challenges in Australia and establish relationship between future students, MASCA council members as well as the current students.
2. When and where will the Down Under Camp be held?
The camp will be held on 21st of January 2017. Venue: KDU University College, Glenmarie Campus
3. What activities will we do?
We have different combination of activities such as ice-breaking session, pre-departure briefing, parents Q&A session, booth exhibition, sharing session by students from Australia, interactive games, telematching etc.
4. Can I still attend if I am not sure which university I will be going to?
You are more than welcome to attend. Apart from university/state specific information, you will also get a lot of important information about living in Australia.
5. I am in a twining program therefore it will not be my first year in university but definitely first year in Australia. Can I attend?
Yes, you should definitely attend. This camp is open to ALL students who will be flying to Australia for the first time.
6. I am a postgraduate student flying to Australia. Is the camp relevant for me?
Most of the activities are tailored to provide information and set you for Australia so the camp is definitely relevant for you.
7. I am not sure whether I can make it on the day.
Get yourself registered but please notify the organizers at least 1 week before the camp date if you cannot make it. If there’s a last minute emergency please let us know ASAP.
8. I have attended other pre-departure briefing camps. Why should I join the Down Under Camp?
The Down Under Camp is the only official camp endorsed by the Ministry of Education and the High Commissioner of Malaysia. The event will also be attended by Australian service providers (banks, telco, internet, insurance companies), education providers and sponsors to provide important information to students. This program will also include many university ‘Malaysian student organisations’ that can provide accurate insight into life as a student in your respective universities in Australia. There will definitely be additional information available and it is always better to be extra prepared before flying off to Australia.
9. What do I need to bring to the Down Under Camp?
You will need to bring your smart-casual attire, sports attire and your sleeping attire (if you decided to stay at the accommodation). Most importantly, bring your enthusiasm!
10. What should I wear at the camp?
Casual clothing and comfortable footwear will do.
11. When does registration open ?
It has already opened on December 2016.
12. I have a dietary need, will I be catered for?
In general, our policy is to provide standard alternatives for those with common dietary needs, as well as other basic alternatives.
13. Can I bring my parents to the camp with me?
Yes you can, however we recommend that you come to orientation alone. Remember, all students at orientation are in the same boat as you so it's a great opportunity for you to meet people in your course and make new friends.
Can't find what you're looking for? Don't hesitate to drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org